Motivational speaking takes a new twist. Maybe this was why I went to school?
For anyone who wants a lullaby before heading off to sleep.
Plastic Voice by Tilt Six
I am only thinking of one poor girl who I know had the misfortune of loving a cute boy. It’s not your fault hon. He was oblivious to all the girls out there.
Rush Limbaugh, Asshole of the Day for August 13, 2014
Yesterday we named Shepard Smith Asshole of the Day for calling Robin Williams a coward for his suicide. It was awful and it needed to be called out because it was clear from Smith’s apology that he didn’t get that bravery or cowardice aren’t at issue when it comes to suicide and depression. A friend of mine posted this on Facebook about it:
Anyone who is sick enough to kill themselves even though they leave behind a loving family has died of an illness as aggressive as cancer. This tragedy is nearly unreconcilable to the healthier mind.
I’m not sure if the words were hers, or someone else’s, so if it’s from somewhere, I apologize for not attributing it. (I know she won’t want to be mentioned on this site though.)
But since then Rush Limbaugh has ventured into even more ridiculous territory. On his radio show Rush blames liberal ideology for Robin Williams’ suicide:
So our last caller wanted to know, “What is the politics in the coverage of the suicide of Robin Williams?”
Well, I believe there is some. But I don’t think that the politics is driving it. I think there was, on the part of media and Hollywood, genuine affection for the guy that is driving it, but there is politics.
If you notice the coverage is focused on how much he had, but it wasn’t enough. “He had everything, everything that you would think would make you happy. But it didn’t.” Now, what is the left’s worldview in general? What is it? If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist worldview, it’s one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They’re never happy, are they? They’re always angry about something. No matter what they get, they’re always angry.
Yes, Rush Limbaugh, who has become rich beyond imagine by exploiting anger, resentment, racism, and sexism, is now accusing someone else of “pessimism and darkness”.
And this argument doesn’t even make any sense. Liberals have made people unable to accept happiness. Liberals are always angry about something. That’s just wrong in so many ways, but let’s look at a few:
- Has he been to a Tea Party rally?
- Seen the comments and replies when a liberal woman says something on the internet?
- How about those town halls when Obamacare was being debated?
- What about when Rush himself ranted angrily FOR DAYS about the idea of Sandra Fluke having birth control pills covered by health insurance? I recall that one being pretty angry.
Rush isn’t stupid. He knows all this. He knows he makes a mint with anger and resentment, but now he’s projecting that unhappiness he harvests for his own fame and profit onto liberals and blaming them for the death of a beloved figure. And for that, Rush Limbaugh is the Asshole of the Day.
It is Rush Limbaugh's sixth time as Asshole of the Day. Previous wins were for
- saying Obama caused an obesity epidemic by giving poor people food stamps
- comparing filibuster reform to changing the law to make rape legal
- claiming it was an accident that he called Sandra Fluke a slut, even though he continued calling her that (and worse) on the air for several more days
- trolling for reasons that he should be allowed to use the n-word
- saying “CBS has just declared war on the Heartland of America” for hiring Colbert